Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Eating Fresh




  While trying to eat healthier & lose weight I've realized how certain foods can cause me to have different moods, as I am sure it can be for many of you as well.  Its pretty common knowledge that fast food can cause certain emotions, for me I become moody and almost depressed feeling when eating a lot of fast food.  Lately I have found that frozen meals, one of my main staples in my college life, can cause me to feel more sluggish -- a feeling I am not a fan of!
    As a result I've decided I am going to try to eat 'Fresher' food -- cooking my own meals and freezing them instead of buying prepackaged meals that are full of chemicals (sometimes ones I can't even pronounce), also trying to cutting up fresh fruit and keeping in clear containers at eye level in my fridge, and keeping ingredients of my favorite restaurants salads -- who ever said salads had to be boring? [Check out my recipe below of my favorite salad, images above]
    I've found that by eating fresh fruits,vegetables, and home made meals really have made me more energetic and upbeat.  So for those of you, like myself on a weight-loss journey, remember to not get stuck in those pre-packaged, frozen dinners ruts, which I know can happen a lot, try for these next few weeks mixing it up, by cooking more and keeping fresh items in your fridge just watch how it affects you!
 

Salad inspired by the Bella Bru Cafe Salad:

-Mixed Spring Greens
-Goat Cheese Crumbled
-Chopped Candied Walnuts
-Chopped Dried Dates
-Vinaigrette -- I enjoy making mine fresh with [Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, Squeeze of Lemon, Salt & Pepper to taste]

Also to pump this salad up and add more protein try adding grilled chicken!






No comments:

Post a Comment